Why the Highest Offer may not be Best Offer when Selling your Home in New Jersey
When offers come in, the seller has to evaluate the terms and not just the price. These are the 5 important terms:
1. Contingency – if potential buyers need to sell their current home in order to buy your home.
2. Down payment – buyers with lower down payment tend to offer higher price.
3. Closing date – if your move out date conforms with buyers’ closing date.
4. Cash offers – best bet to avoid issues from above.
5. As-Is Clause – avoid issues about the condition of your house.